The church is situated on rising ground and prominent on the main through road Kelsall village. It was built in 1860 to the designs of Thomas Bower of Nantwich; Good Kempe style windows are installed in the chancel. The church was licensed for worship in 1861 although not consecrated until 1868. The churchyard is open to view on the west, and principally the south & east sides, contributing highly and ‘defining’ the ‘centre’ of the village.]
The project has three elements: to replace the fixed wooden pews with chairs, to install a kitchenat the back of the church with suitable screens to blend in with the rest of the building; and to build a new fully accessible toilet to the side of the entrance porch. This toilet will be open for all the time the church is open (daylight hours) and will be the first public toilet, let alone accessible, public toilet in the village.