St Peter and St John
The church started near the railway station, when Rugby was an expanding railway engineering town. The current building is a large brick structure built in 1908 by C Ford Whitcomb. The chancel was added in 1933. A memorable feature is the east window, dedicated in 1955. In 1984, after a nearby hall was destroyed by fire, the main church building was split into two to create a community space at the rear, with the main entrance bricked up to create space for a couple of toilets. This last action had an unfortunate impact: many people assume from the bricked up entrance, that it is a redundant church. The kitchen was updated 12-15 year ago, but the toilets dating from 1984 are dire and inadequate for current use.
The grant will support a project which includes an extension to the hall to house toilets, reception and a meeting room.