St Michael and All Angels
The origins of the church date from Saxon times and two stones, one in the porch probably from a cross and one embedded in the east wall probably from a grave cover are the visible remains. Little is known of the church up to the Tudor times, but it was certainly bigger than it is today and like many other churches of this time it was left to rot with no repair funds available. Following the puritanical period of churches being made into meeting halls, the church was rebuilt in 1822 by a low-church philosophy with no chancel and made of brick. The current church dates from 1874 when under the Rev Walter Welby, the brother of the major local landowner, the chancel and nave were rebuilt in stone in a more elaborate manner.
The work will repair the roof and flashings, address a crack in north chancel wall, address damp in NE corner of nave affecting wall plaster, and will also carry out repairs to the tower roof and stone merlons.