Kiltermon Church was built in 1841 as a school house and a Chapel of Ease in the parish of Aghalurcher. It was under the care of the curate of Clogher. The building was constructed using stone sourced from Alderwood Quarry. It became a Chapel of Ease under the Parish of St John's, Fivemiletown when The Perpetual Curacy to Clogher was dissolved and Fivemiletown became a parish in its own right. It was extensively renovated after World War II and a new roof was added in the early 1970s.
A £10,000 Cornerstone grant will help fund the building of an extension, installing a kitchen, toilet and meeting room and enable Kiltermon church to continue to serve the local community. Funding for the grant comes from the Department for Communities Historic Environment Division's Covid-19 Culture, Languages, Arts and Heritage Support Programme.