Dating back to 1868, the Grade II listed church was the first Gothic style non-conformist chapel in York and has been little altered over the centuries.
This is a 14th century Norman church built on the site of a 10th century Norse Christian church, which is believed to have been a 7th century Anglo Saxon church before that. It is the Guild Church of York and the Chapel of the Royal Dragoon Guards. It is the preferred Church for the ex-Service bodies in the York area. It is open daily to visitors and visiting choirs and orchestras. The lantern tower is considered to be one of the finest in the UK.
There are areas of roofing repairs to be undertaken. Both aisle roofs require some repair work and both levels of the lantern roofs require complete renewal, and stonework repairs will also be undertaken.