One of the glories of the church is a complete series of stained glass windows designed by AWN Pugin.
The land was once part of the gardens of the Prince Regent's Royal Pavilion. Built in 1820 along classical lines, its model being the ancient Temple of Theseus in Athens. The fabric of Brighton Unitarian has significant heritage value, its design is wildly different from all the other buildings in the area. It stands apart, but very definitely forms part of the Regency narrative. A narrative and a history that is now understood around the world.
The heritage of Brighton Unitarian Church is intricately interwoven with the story of the Prince Regent (later George IV) from whom the land on which the church was built was purchased. The church building was completed in 1820, designed along classical lines its model being the ancient Temple of Theseus in Athens. The columns of the church's portico make Brighton Unitarian a notable landmark in Brighton's famous Regency streetscape.
Inside the design is simple, however, there are three stained glass windows; the Sower's Window was the gift of Mrs Nye Chart, one time owner of the Theatre Royal a near neighbour of the church. Another stained glass window, the Suffer Little Children window, was the gift of the younger children of the congregation and the children of the Sunday School.
The church's fabric also provides a valuable record of the congregation's sacrifice during the First World War. There is a beautiful stained glass window and war plaque roll of honour dedicated to them. Another strand of the church's heritage is the magnificent Kirkland Organ, restored and installed in 1973, an attraction to those on the heritage route.
Brighton Unitarian is also of significance to the wider community. The church is situated in the city centre, New Road being the centrepiece of Cultural Quarter, making it a very attractive destination for visitors. They like to come inside, but also to sit on the steps and soak up the area's unique, historic atmosphere.