Following the wooded sign that points down a green lane, you emerge at the entrance to a field and the most spectacular view of All Saints church and the Lincolnshire Wolds hills, it is quite breathtaking.
All Saints dates from 1200, although, after the nave collapsed in 1893, it was heavily restored by Hodgson Fowler, a local Victorian architect. It is reputed that there had once been a much larger building on the site as, in 1869, the Rector discovered considerable foundations when dirt was cleared from round the present church.
The walls of the church are of sandstone. The west bell turret has wooden slatted bell openings. The slates on the pyramidal roof were replaced by copper in 2005 as the slates were difficult to maintain on such a steep slope.
In 2010, the lead from the roof of the south aisle was stolen. The PCC at the time were reluctant to replace lead with lead. After lengthy negotiations with East Lindsey District council and English Heritage, All Saints became one of the first churches to have terne coated steel replacing lead as an alternative roofing material.
Inside, the pews and altar are Victorian. The 15th century octagonal font is of particular interest, having cusped panels containing shields and a pedestal with traceried panels and figures, including angels. The pulpit also features the original hour glass in its stand.
To the east of the doorway is a pointed piscina believed to be 12th century.
Various marks on the walls are attributed to sword sharpening and musket fire dating from the Battle of Winceby. The site of the battle field is close by.
The west window features a stained-glass tribute to 2nd Lieutenant John Kenneth Brice Smith who died on September 11th 1915, of wounds received at the Bluff.
The altar frontal was designed and embroidered by Enid Mason in 1985. Enid and her husband Martin were responsible for reopening the church in 1975, after it had been disused for some time. The kneelers were all worked by ladies of the parish to complement the Altar front.
The Easter candle holder was turned by Ron Marnie and is made of English oak.
Hameringham offers sweeping views across Lincolnshire. On a clear day, the towers of Lincoln Cathedral are visible in one direction, that of Boston Stump in another. There are many walks in the area, a public footpath passes through the churchyard.