The present church building was built in 1865 by E Haycock Junior, on the site of a former Tironensian monastic cell. The tower was built around 1834, paid for by Lady Elizabeth Coffin Greenly. The Greenly family lived at Titley Court from the early sixteenth century. A Grade II listed monument commemorating Edward Harley, 1664-1735, Auditor of the Imprests and MP for Droitwich and Leominster, can be found in the churchyard. So too is a monument to exiled Hungarian national hero General Lázár Mészáros, who died here in 1858.
Helped by a £7,000 National Churches Trust Community Grant, St Peter’s Church will install an accessible toilet and kitchen area at the east end of the north aisle. The church has no facilities at the moment, and no running water, meaning some elderly people or those with young children are dissuaded from coming to church, and the church cannot offer refreshments.
Once the new facilities are in place, the church is planning more community events and those aimed at young families. The whole community supports the plans, which will make the church a more comfortable place of worship and a flexible place for the community to use outside worship times. It will improve the social well-being of the area, which suffers from rural isolation.