St John the Baptist
St John the Baptist is a Grade II listed church built in 1819. The chancel and south porch were added in 1867. It stands on the site of a medieval church, known as the Pitchcombe Cradle. The church is situated in the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and overlooks the beautiful Painswick Valley.
Over the 200 years since the present building was constructed there are known to have been several projects to repair the roof slopes. However, most of the natural Cotswold stone roof tiles, some of which probably date back to the original roof, have now eroded to the point at which they should be replaced. The project will support the work the repair of the roof and rectify defective stonework.