Located 150m up on the chalk escarpment at the north end of Chilterns and enjoys an idyllic and peaceful position on the North Hertfordshire Way, St Faith's was built in the early 1400's and is of significance as very little has been altered, being subject only to minor restoration in the Victorian era. The structure is faced throughout with flint and stone dressings. The tower houses 5 bells the earliest dating back to 1660. The church retains the lower panels of its original rood screen and its medieval roof, both nave and aisles. The underside of the roof is decorated in it's original design and colours and the overall effect has been described by English Heritage as 'spectacular.' The only part of the church affected by the Victorian Restoration was the Chancel where the roof had to be rebuilt but to the same original medieval design.
The project is focused on the nave roof which is 250 years old and extensively patched. The much deteriorated lead sheeting is to be replaced and damage to the substrate made good. Replacement of gullies and hopper-heads. The provision of a weathertight roof will keep the building in continuing use as a focal point in the village for both regular worship and wider community activities.