Llandulas is an old parish. Originally in Denbighshire, it covered the townships of Tre’r Llan and Tre’r Cefn. The earliest record of a church here is in the Norwich Taxation of 1254. The early church was ruined by a storm in 1732, but renovated by public subscription. By 1868 this building had fallen into disrepair, and the foundation stone of the present building was laid by the later Countess of Dundonald.
The churchyard has been successfully developed with sensitivity, as a community garden which attracts insects and butterflies. The Community Group running it recently won a Green Flag award.
The project ensures that this historic Grade II* listed building will be able to meet the needs of the community for years to come. It will provide kitchen facilities and accessible toilets, to welcome parents with young children and elderly people. The church plans parent and toddler groups, visits from the local school, holiday clubs, and exercise classes, and will be able to move away from a focus on Sunday worship to fresh ways of worshipping and community activity.