St Catherine's Church is set in a secluded position on the edge of Sacombe Park. The oldest parts of the present building date back to the Early English Period (1189-1280). The church was restored in 1855/6 with the roof, tower, vestry and west wall being rebuilt. The outside of the church was entirely refaced with flint. The churchyard was designated a County Wildlife site, following a survey in 1996 - more than 50 species of flowers and grasses have been identified - rabbits, badgers, muntjac and other deer also frequent the churchyard. There are over 40 different types of lichen in the churchyard.
The fabric of the church is very good, but there is currently no toilet, kitchen, water or sewerage facilities meaning that major events (both religious and non-religious) cannot easily take place in the church. The overall project is to remodel St Catherine's. This will involve connecting to the mains water and main sewerage systems and installing a new disabled toilet and kitchenette.