Cathedral Church of Christ the Redeemer
The Cathedral is a 17th century church built on a site used for Christian worship for 1500 years since St Colman first founded a church in 510AD. In 1609 King James 1issued letters Patent giving it the name & status as The Cathedral Church of Christ the Redeemer. That church was destroyed in 1641. In 1661 Bishop Jeremy Taylor built a new church which forms the basis of current tower aisle. Additions were made in 1870 by Thomas Frew FRSA and further in 1899 taking it to its present form.
A £12,760 Cornerstone grant will help fund urgent repairs to the walls, windows and roof of Christ the Redeemer in Dromore, safeguarding the heritage of the church and enabling it to continue to serve the local community. Funding for the grant comes from the Department for Communities Historic Environment Division's Covid-19 Culture, Languages, Arts and Heritage Support Programme.