Carntyne Parish Church
Completed in 1932, Carntyne Church wasdesigned by James Taylor Thomson in a simplifiedRomanesque style and constructed using NewCumnock brick, with blonde sandstone ashlardressings and slate roofs. Internally it is light andspacious with substantial nave and low south aisle,transepts and chancel. Prominently located at theheart of a new interwar community, the churchwas part of the most prolific religious buildingprogramme since the Victorian era and is one of aseries that were pioneered by the Church ofScotland to serve growing suburbanneighborhoods that provided housing for theovercrowded population the Glasgow. Category Blisted, the Church has played a significant role inthe mission of the Church of Scotland and in thesocial, cultural and religious life of Carntyne. Thechurch continues to be an important focal point forthe congregation and wider community living inthe parish.