The church of All Saints, which stands on an elevated sited in the centre of the village of Eaton, was built in 1857-8, replacing an earlier Norman building. The architect George Shaw of Saddleworth was contracted to design a new building in the Decorated Gothic styles of the 13th and 14th centuries. Built of Steetley stone, it consists of a chancel and nave, with vestry, north porch and a bell turret containing one bell. Shaw also provided the stained glass, except for the east window depicting the Transfiguration which is by J R Thompson of Southwark. There are two features older than the building of the current church: a medieval piscina and an 18th century monument in the vestry.
The project will facilitate the installation of a kitchen and accesible toilet with baby change unit in an extension to the rear of the church. This will provide facilities in a church where there are currently none and which serves as the only community hub in the village.