Welcome to our beautiful church which dates back to Saxon times.
The church contains evidence of Romano/British activity. Many of the walls are Anglo Saxon. The windows, clerestory, tower, screen and font are 15th century, with unusual sculpture on the font showing faces from the three known continents (at the time) and representing the tie with the three Kings/ Magi.
There is a large coped coffin lid from around 1300 and some interesting memorials – including the first memorial written in English not Latin. Two of the altar stones, removed during the Reformation are on site. There are many Mason’s marks, including some similar to ones at Roche Abbey and Rotherham. There is evidence of a larger church.
The church is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust and is now more available to visit due to the founding of the ‘Friends of Throapham Church’ (new members welcome). Visitors to the church are very welcome and we provide guided tours for groups including school children. Come and see what treasures this church has to show!