St Paul's is a post war octagonal estate church designed by Geoffrey Davy.
There is evidence of a Saxon place of worship in the foundations of the current building.
The church is also notable for its remarkable 800 year old carvings, most of them still very sharp. The magnificent south doorway has elaborately carved arches, and there are 37 grotesque beak heads carved into the chancel arch, and more human heads and beasts on a corbel table.
Other treasures include a 3 light armorial east window dated 1681, and a medieval octagonal stone font at the west end of the nave with an amazing oak canopy carved by the Arts and Crafts sculptor and stonecutter Eric Gill. As in all churches dedicated to St John, the font has two steps leading down to it, like stepping down into the River Jordan.
A replica of the recently stolen 13th century bronze cast Sanctuary Ring door knocker, showing a man's head protruding from the mouth of a lion, with a decorated ring passing through the lion's mouth, has been made by local craftsmen, employing techniques that would have been used 800 years ago; it has since been refixed to its rightful place on the great south door.