The foundation stone of St Gerardine’s High Church of Scotland, Lossiemouth, was laid in 1899 and the building was completed in 1901 to the design of the noted Scottish architect Sir John James Burnet.
The immediate forerunners of the present day building were the Old Drainie Parish Church, built in 1825 on the outskirts of modern day Lossiemouth, and a small Chapel of Ease, built later in the 19th century in the town to accommodate the old and infirm who were unable to make the trek to Drainie.
But it was in 1883, as Lossiemouth was expanding rapidly as a fishing port and also as a holiday resort that the Reverend John Wellwood, who was minister of Drainie at that time, saw the need for a new larger church building in Lossiemouth and eventually persuaded Presbytery to agree to the construction of present day St Gerardine’s.
On 10 August 1901 the building was dedicated to the worship of God and named in the honour of St Gerardine,
Today St Gerardine’s High has a membership of over 200 . Worship takes place each Sunday at 11:30 am and all are welcome. There is tea in the church hall after the service.