There has been a church here for over a thousand years, dedicated to the memory of Alfege, the Archbishop of Canterbury who was martyred on this site in 1012.
Christ Church meets in a contemporary church worship space dedicated in 1989 at the east end of the original church building. At the rear of the church is our Peace garden.
Christ Church was built in 1849 as the daughter church of St Alfege in West Greenwich. In the mid 1980s Christ Church worked with other local charities to redevelop the original church building as a community centre and to build the new worship space.
Initially known as Christ Church Forum , the Forum at Greenwich. provides community space in the former church building at Christ Church for charitable use and for community building events.
The Christ Church peace garden can be accessed when the Forum is open by going round the back of the building and following the wall around until you find yourself in the garden. It is a peaceful place to sit and reflect with benches and other seating available.