A medieval church with features dating from early 12th century, wall paintings from c1400 and many items of social historical interest.
The doorway has two rows of unmistakably Norman zigzag carving, and inside, a Norman north arcade, with a Norman font beneath one of its rounded arches.
Otherwise this is an Elizabethan building, with clear mullioned windows and a remarkable set of fittings of the 16th and 17th centuries including pulpit, screens and box pews.
The effect is delightful, mainly because the church has remained largely unaltered since the late 16th century, despite a restoration of 1879.
The simple interior has one particularly good monument, with a painted alabaster effigy of Charles Noel, who died in 1619.