This long, low church, with its rather dumpy 13th century tower, is an unlikely but harmonious mix of styles.
A medieval church dating from the early 12th century, notable features include a square font dating from c1120, south wall paintings c1400 and a late medieval bishop's indent.
The church has many features of social historical significance including brasses of the Cheseldyne family, a coped grave cover with a Nine Mens Morris board scratched in it and a scratch dial beside the round norman arch of the south door.
The church and tower was extensively refurbished and extended in the 1700s. Chancel stained glass windows date from 1919-21 by CE Kempe & Co.
The church also has a large population of bats in the south aisle roof and bats can be seen emerging at dusk in the summer. Outside the church is a sheela-na-gig stone, a fertility symbol dating from celtic times.