The church consists of chancel, nave, north and south aisles, south porch, and western tower with pyramidal roof. The nave and aisles are 13th century and the chancel and western tower 15th century. A major restoration was carried out 1909-10. The church is built of cobbles and field stones with Barnack stone dressings. The two aisles are covered in lead, the porch, tower and chancel with peg tiles and the nave with plain tiles.
The earliest part of the church was built about 1250 which are the pillars and arches .Early in the 14th century the present north aisle was built. This church was mentioned in the Doomsday survey of 1086. In the 15th century the chancel arch was rebuilt (1430) and then the middle part of the south aisle wall and in 1470 a porch was built on the south side. The last great repair was undertaken in 1906 which saw the oak beams in the chancel being restored to former surface and the floor was lowered back to its original level.
The church consists of a Lady’s chapel on the north side, the main chancel and a memorial chapel on the south side which is dedicated to those afflicted by war. The wooden pulpit was made in about 1906 and is decorated with a vine, a fish and symbols of the four evangelists. Other furniture within the church are a modern lectern, free standing statue of St Christopher, three seated sedilia, and a Bryceson Brothers organ.
The church is surrounded on all sides by the churchyard. There are two doors into the church one from the north and one from the south therefore two paths are found in the church yard. There are many old headstones in the churchyard. There are also many trees. Some planted by past church members and others grown from seed dropped by birds. The churchyard is surrounded on three sides by a hedge. In the front of the church stands the war memorial for Great Stukeley which became listed in 2016.