Holy Trinity Church
Holy Trinity is a small chapel, built in 1851 to replace the earlier halftimbered St Thomas’ Church which previously stood on the site since 1520. Designed by Joseph Butler of Chichester in the 13th century Gothic-style, Holy Trinity served as a Chapel of Ease to St John the Baptist in Kirdford. Modifications were made in 1882. The clock was erected 1887 (and electrified 100 years later), followed by a single bell, installed in 1909. The rustic pews are suggested to predate the 19th century, and therefore pre-date the church. The small chapel is of soft sandstone construction with angle-buttresses and Gothic-style tracery to the doors and windows. The roof is of clay tiles, with Horsham stone to the Porch. A small timber bell-cote sits on the roof at the west end with a cedar shingle broached spire. The East window, by Charles Eamer Kempe, commemorates the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria.
The grant will fund a survey of the exterior of the building by a specialist surveyor using laser scanning techniques and the cost of the architect to interpret the survey and produce documents ready to send out to tender.