Nestling peacefully in a river valley set in an ancient landscape, St Julitta's dates back to Norman times.
On a sunny day, when the light pours in through the windows’ leaded lights, it creates the most magical atmosphere, the tranquillity being second to none.
Endowed in 1340 by the Earl of Cornwall, the church is dedicated to St Adwena and is thought to have been founded originally by one of the daughters of Brecon of Wales. It lies just to the northeast of the hamlet of Tresinney near Camelford with many footpaths converging on it.
A truly rural idyll.
The church contains a circular Norman font and some ancient memorials. The lofty tower has six bells.
The current building is constructed in the perpendicular style and comprises a chancel, nave, south aisle and two transepts. The north transept is early English, but has been entirely rebuilt, the old windows being replaced. There had been a south transept until around 1870, when the roof was destroyed by a fall of snow. An entrance arch was then built and the east window of this chapel placed in it.
The church was rebuilt in 1847-8. The baptism registers date from 1709, the marriages from 1721 and the burials from 1718.