St Bartholomew’s was founded in 1110 as the church for the lay workers at Hyde Abbey, where the remains of King Alfred the Great are believed to have been re-interred.
A Partnership Grant awarded on the recommendation of the Hampshire and The Islands Historic Churches Trust.
Church of England
Partnership Grant, £5,000, 2011
Our Partnership Grants funded a range of repair projects, recommended by County Church Trusts, to help keep churches open.