This Grade II* listed church was built in the sixteenth Century (theTower is dated 1536). The chancel was rebuilt in the early 19th Century, the north aisle is constructed of sandstone rubble and the south aisle of coursed sandstone and limestone rubble with some render. The tower and porch are constructed of limestone ashlar. The chancel is of scored imitation ashlar rendered brick.
The Partnership Grant has helped the church to replace the chancel roof covering as well as carrying out repairs to the chancel copings and adjacent rendering renewal of the nave eastern copings and patch repairs to the chancel ceiling.