St Michael and All Angels
This Grade II* listed church dates from the early sixteenth century with much reused early medieval stonework from a nearby ninth century church destroyed by the River Eden. The chancel was rebuilt reusing earlier masonry in 1898, and the north Vestry also added. The church contains a large number of carved fragments and other reused features from the earlier Church including the piscine, a hog-back and decorated cross-shaftsnow exhibited.
The maintenance grant has enabled the church to carry out replastering to east and side walls of the chancel which had been damaged by penetrating damp