St Mary Magdalene
The parish church dates mostly from the 14th Century. One of its most most striking features is the small "Newman chapel" built onto the north side of the nave in 1693. The chapel was built by Sir Richard Newman of Fifehead, Preston Hall and Evercreech (1676 - 1721), a member of the Newman family which held the Fifehead manorial estates for almost 250 years from c.1530 until 1775.
This grant will contribute towards the renewal of roof coverings and flashings, decking repairs and new roof access hatch, as well as conservation and repointing works to the stonework of the tower.