The church is built on an oval shaped rise in a conservation area. The nave and chancel are under a simple roof with south porch and west bellcote in Perpendicular style. The tower is probably of C17 origin and timbers from an earlier structure appear to have been used in its construction. The walls of the nave were substantially re-constructed during the 1787 restoration by Arthur Blayney of Gregynog creating a vestry in the tower by installing a partition to separate it from the nave. The whole church was substantially refurbished again in 1892 by William Scott Owen. Today there is a simple nave, a rear font, a pulpit at the east end of the nave and an organ in the raised chancel by Peter Connacher of Sheffield from 1899. A painted wooden tablet on the west wall is dated 1709, a Neo-Classical relief by John Bacon the Elder is dated 1796 and there is another tablet from 1812. The east window by Clayton and Bell was installed in the 1880s. Significant C20 additions include an alabaster reredos from 1902, and a south chancel window by Leonard Walker from 1921 and stencilling on the east wall.
The grant will support a project to create a kitchen area within the tower room.