Holy Trinity is Grade II* listed and is in a conservation area. It was built at the cost of Bishop Monk (of Gloucester and Bristol) to replace a previous building, and was dedicated in 1857. The architect was John Norton (1823–1904). It is in the Decorated style and was described by John Betjeman as the “finest Victorian Gothic Church in Bristol”. The Tower with its spire is a commanding feature rising to a height of 170 feet. Inside, the whole of the roof is of oak, the vaulted chancel being ribbed and carved and decorated with fine carvings.
This is the final phase of works to repair the roofs. Since 2015 work to the Tower parapet and the roofs of the South Aisle and Nave has been completed in separate projects as the first three phases of a five phase programme of roof replacement. This project is to complete the recommended replacement by repairing the roofs and rainwater disposal systems of the North Aisle, Chancel and Vestries of the Church. The completion of the work will give us a watertight and better insulated building, and enable us to reorder the interior of the Church for the benefit of our congregation and the local community.