The church has a C14th chancel, and the main church is Perpendicular. The roof is the result of Ewan Christian's 1883 restoration. Benjamin Ferrey did some work in the 1860s. Pevsner wrote "One of the loveliest of Somerset churches, on account of the splendid Perp work on the nave."
The grant will support repairs to selected windows and stone conservation to their surrounds and tracery. Some of the works are classed as urgent, since they are no longer able to prevent water ingress and draughts - some quarries are broken or missing and some cames have broken away, while others require works to their supporting metal framing and saddle bars.