Historic Cheshire Churches Preservation Trust
The Historic Cheshire Churches Preservation Trust, which is non-denominational, was created in 1953.
Since the “rebirth” of the Trust in 1992 it has given assistance to over 280 churches in the area encompassed by the Chester Diocese. In excess of £1,250,000 has been raised and given by way of grants to churches to assist them in a variety of ways. These extend from assistance with general repairs to church buildings, repairs to towers, bell cotes, lych gates, roofs, stained glass windows, organs, memorials and crosses, to mention just a few. Following recent legislation and changes to Health & Safety rules, several of the Trust’s current grants have been to assist with the provision of disabled access and toilet facilities. This has enabled churches to attract a wider audience from the local community and expanded the use of their buildings.
6 Bellmeadow Court
|url||Historic Cheshire Churches Preservation Trust|
|Funder status||Offers funding|