Traditionally and affectionately known as the Cathedral of the Forest, dating back to the early 1200s before the village of Newland came into existence.
The Church is mainly closed during the day during term time as it is used by the primary school next door as their school hall.
The church was built in 1873 and consists of a four bay nave, a gabled south porch, north and south transepts and a later square tower. The church underwent some restoration work in the mid 1980s and has recently had a new roof and flooring.
Walkers & cyclists welcome
Steps to enter the church or churchyard
Parking within 250m
On street parking at church
Bus stop within 100m
The building is used during the week by the village school, which is next door, as their school hall.
Weekly services are no longer held in the building however two there are two afternoon services a month: 2nd Sunday of each month there is a 4pm All Age Worship service 4th Sunday of each month there is a 4pm Eucharist service.
Church of England