This beautiful church 'on the hill' has been here since 1717, surrounded by a large graveyard that has an abundance of wild flowers in the late spring AND early summer and glow worms.
In 1862 the building of St Peter's church was started as a chapel of ease to St Helen's, until 1907 when it became a separate parish. Designed by the architect Thomas Hellyer who was responsible for a number of other local churches. It was constructed in stone with a slate roof and a fairly simple interior.
An elaborate gothic screen of iron was erected in 1909. Following the first world war, the Lady chapel and south aisle were added to serve as a war memorial. Since then there have been a number of recent additions in matching stone. These include a choir, clergy, and organ vestry, a flower vestry with toilet, and most recently a porch linking the west door with adjoining church hall. There is a well maintained two manual pipe organ.
On the south side of the church is a commemorative rose, garden.