St Mary’s is a beautiful 19th century Victorian Gothic building, the third church on this site in Andover where God has been worshipped for over a thousand years.
This small church (seats 65) is built on the supposed site of the Council of Enham in 1008.
It was used by pilgrims en route to the port and it had provision for making them safe overnight.
It has a screen from pre-Reformation days and has retained its mediaeval simplicity. Its hatchment and memorials link the Dewar family to sugar plantations across the Atlantic.
The church also has wall painted texts from Tudor times and all the stained glass windows in the church are angel windows.
The church is part of the Small Pilgrim Places Network.