The first record of the church is dated 1203 and is described as a simple two-cell church with a nave and small chancel. In 1304 the current chancel and transepts were added. Ornamental feature, in or after the style of Bishop Gower are found in the chancel and transept arches. These are the oldest surviving parts.
The arches are decorated with four leaved flowers in broad hollows. The Nave, Aisles and Porch were added in mid 15th century. The tower is a striking feature added circa 1500. It is one of the few in Pembrokeshire with angle buttresses. There were numerous 19th century alterations with the west door inserted in 1836.
The listing description states that it is listed for being an exceptionally fine and well preserved medieval church. It is very important to the local community and attracts many visitors especially during the summer months. Historical groups are also regular visitors.