Situated in the small village of Almer can be found the delightful church of St Mary. Although restored in 1907 and re-roofed in oak, the building still contains many original features. The chalice shaped font is formed from one 13th century Purbeck marble bowl resting on the upturned remains of another. The base of a second font can be found in the churchyard.
The stained glass contains many interesting features.
The north window of the chancel contains a miscellany of painted glass from the 15th to 18th centuries. A Swiss Last Judgement window dated from 1610 is set between panels of English medieval fragments. Also a Swiss heraldic panel of 16th century is of note, showing a half man emerging from a crown and holding antlers in each hand. Finally the latest piece of stained glass is the roundel by William Glasby. Dated 193, it shows an image of the church.