A great feature of the church is the splendid barrel organ, the only one in working order still to be found in a Lincolnshire church.
The church was built in 1882 by Sir Arthur Blomfield and the foundation stone was laid by Nathaniel Clayton. There is a 14th century octagonal font from the previous church which was nearby.
Emily Tennyson, mother of Victorian poet Alfred Lord Tennyson, was baptised here, where her father was rector. Interpretation boards provide more information.
There is also interesting information about a nearby plane crash of two RAF Mosquitos returning from Operation Market Garden (Arnhem).
Visitors will find inside a display and stained glass dedicated to the church's patron, St Martin of Tours.