In 1334 John de Harrington founded a chantry in this place, whereby the chaplain and his assistant were enabled to support themselves and pray daily for the souls of their founder and his family.
Holy Trinity has Saxon origins but the church we see today was built in the 11th and 12th centuries. In 1859 the church was extensively altered by Victorian architect James Fowler.
Sadly, during the 1970s the tower collapsed and now only the foundations of the tower remain.
Holy Trinity contains rather exquisite stained glass windows donated by the Cheales family.
Brass, silver and other furniture donated by the family are also well worth seeing as well as the 15th century font and gravestones peculiar to the Wolds.