Very fine misericords and carvings, a wealth of medieval glass, a memorial to 266 miners and a peal of bells which is one of the Seven Wonders of Wales.
Holy Trinity Gwersyllt is a Victorian church built in Early Decorated style, from the designs of Mr Thomas Penson of Oswestry (1790-1859) and comprises of chancel and nave with a south porch and a tower at the north east angle, surmounted by a spire, the base of which forms the vestry. The foundation stone was laid by Mrs Williams of Gwersyllt Park, July 13th 1850, and the church was consecrated on July 25th 1851.
The bells and tablet were dedicated on Sunday September 12th 1920 as a memorial of the 85 men from the parish who fell in the 1914-19 war. In the north wall of the church there is a beautiful piece of stained glass known as the Aurelius Window. Canon Sidney Aurelius Jones was vicar of Gwersyllt for 35 years. He was much loved within the parish and, after his death, parishioners and family commissioned a stained glass window for the church in memory of him. Canon Jones was not only vicar of Gwersyllt, but was also rural dean of Wrexham for 17 years. Sidney was only appointed Rural Dean when he was 63 and carried on as vicar until he was 82. Aurelius is noted for translating the 1919 war poem 'The Supreme Sacrifice', written by John S Arkwright, into welsh. The English version is better known as the hymn which begins 'O valiant hearts, who to your glory came', the welsh version begins 'Molawd y marw'.
Over 150 years on, the church still serves the community of Gwersyllt, now one of the 12 churches in the mission area of Alyn. Services are held every Sunday as well as weekday events, and there are the usual array of baptisms, weddings and funerals throughout the year.