A large 14th and 15th century church with a slightly earlier tower impressively placed at the edge of the village near Norton Hall formerly a seat of the Knightley family and in the 19th century Beriah Botfield, the bibliophile.
In the mid 1750s the ancient church here, attached to the medieval Priory, was swept away and David Hiorne of Warwick (1715-1758) was commissioned to replace it. His building is a noble classical edifice in rich warm iron stone.
The well articulated west end, centred on a portico, supports a massive tower topped by an obelisk style spire. At the other end the projecting chancel closes a venetian window.
Internally Tuscan columns support the plaster groin vaults, behind them galleries hang on three sides.
The original box pews were reduced in height as part of EW Law’s restoration in the late 19th century. This also included the enrichment of the decoration around the altar.
In the 1960s Dykes Bower modified the Victorian changes and in doing so strengthened the original 18th century qualities of the interior.