St Wilfrid’s is a beautiful and ancient building dating mostly from the 13th century.
Christ Church was built in 1848-1849 by Henry Woodyer (1816-1896) in the Decorated style and is surrounded by a beautifully kept churchyard with 99 species of flora and fauna identified in a recent survey. The external west elevation has a single large window with flowing tracery set within an unusual and heavily moulded pointed arch with an octagonal bellcote above. Internally the layout consists of nave, north and south aisles, south porch, chancel and vestry.
In the south aisle, the east window depicting the Presentation in the Temple is by Kempe & Co, 1902. The font by the south door has an elaborate carved wooden cover.
There are toilet facilities and a servery area. The church is usually unlocked so is available to visit.