The origin of Emmanuel Church lies in the rapid development of West Hampstead in the second half of the 19th century after the arrival of the railways.
All Saints is an active parish church with the building in use throughout the week. The church is adorned with 16 stained glass windows depicting the saints, a statue of the Madonna from the 1930s as well as rood and reredos from the 1950s. The building benefits from being white throughout with clerestory windows flooding the space with light. In the early 1900s the choir was moved down into the nave creating a large central space and the chapel was installed in the south transept.
The font, given by the working people of Child's Hill is one of the few original features from 1856. The two side aisles have 12 stained glass windows from the early 1900s depicting a range of Saints including patron saints from across the British Isles as well as Mary, Elizabeth, John the Baptist and Monica. In 2022 the church commissioned a Covid Memorial Artwork which is located on the outside of the building at the east end, where there were windows before the fire of 1940.