Seion Chapel

Aberystwyth, Dyfed

Address

Seion Chapel
Aberystwyth
Dyfed
SY23 2BJ

Awarded £1,616 grant for extensive wall and ceiling replastering in the chapel and vestry.

Seion Chapel was opened in 1878.The designer was Richard Owen of Wall, Liverpool and is fairly typical of nonconformist chapels of that period with an integral vestry on the lower floor, the main body at street level with a gallery set on three sides. 

  • Other

  • Maintenance Grant, £1,616, 2017

  • Our Maintenance Grants funded urgent maintenance projects to help keep churches open.

Contact information

Other nearby churches

St Michael

Aberystwyth, Ceredigion

Built 1886-90 by Nicholson of Hereford on land given by WE Powell of Nanteos, it replaced a church of 1833 by Edward Haycock of Shrewsbury.

St Padarn

Llanbadarn Fawr, Ceredigion

A medieval church which was a great centre of learning.

All Saints

Llangorwen, Ceredigion

All Saints is on a quiet road that must once have been the original route linking the small harbours at Clarach, Wallog and Borth to the port at Aberystwyth.