St Stephen

 

St Stephen's is a grand Victorian town centre building which enjoys a prominent setting. The original building was a chapel of ease dedicated in 1808.  As the population of Redditch grew, the chapel was extended several times and then replaced in 1853 by a new church, designed by  Henry Woodyer and further extended and improved in the late nineteenth century by Temple Moore.

The PCC and Redditch Town Council have identified that this building could serve a much more active function as a community building and improve the quality and ambience of the town centre. A grant was awarded to help them identify community uses and develop a business model for the space. It will help them design and cost the proposals ready for a major project that will also address the need for repairs to several areas of roof and upgrading of rainwater goods identified in the most recent Quinquennial Inspection.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county