The current church was built in 1843 and dedicated by Bishop Wiseman in 1845. A new high altar and reredos were installed in 1884. Part of the east end was bombed in 1940, and a reordering took place in 2010.
The project consists of repairs to rainwater goods on church: dismantle, clean, recaulk and decorate all gutters and down pipes. These repairs were noted as essential within the next 18 months in QI, undertaken Sep 2018, as the building was visibly leaking during heavy rain and there was water staining to building.