St Nicholas is a Grade II* listed building. The majority of the present nave and chancel date from the 13th century with the aisles and western tower added in the 14th century. The Betherynden Chapel was constructed around 1450. In addition, there are some medieval windows dating from the 14th and 15th century.
The grant will enable the church to install a new roof on the boiler room.