St Mary the Holy Host of Heaven
The church is unusual for a parish church being in a cruciform design. It is estimated that the building dates from 1260 - the oldest remaining part is the chancel and the crossing arches. A thorough restoration and various reordering took place in 1850 with major repairs and an organ chamber added.
This project is to build an external extension to the south transept housing a fully accessible toilet with baby changing facilities, piped hot and cold water, plus a small lobby area with overhead storage with a level disabled access from within the church. In addition, we are taking the opportunity to create a modern kitchenette to be sited in the south transept. We will level the existing door cills from the existing external door through the new part of the building and create a level porous finished pathway to the churchyard gate.