St Mary and Holy Trinity
St Mary's was founded in 1311 as a chapel-of-ease to serve the community known then as Stratford atte Bow. It is one of the only surviving medieval buildings in east London and thus represents a continuous history of worship and service in the area for over 700 years. Most of the medieval fabric, in particular the panelled, tie-beamed chancel ceiling, dates from 1480-1500.
This grant will help towards the repair and renewal of the inadequate and failing below ground drainage, as well as the installation of an accessible toilet.