St Laurence

 

Parts of the thirteenth century building can be found in St Laurence’s, which was enlarged between 1490 and 1520 in the perpendicular style. Pre-Reformation painted plaster still shows. Tudor roses dating to 1486 have been restored.

The project will create an extension with an accessible toilet and servery. The church already holds concerts, a fete, and a flower festival – it is rarely empty. The village public toilet was closed, and the café is sometimes closed. The new facilities will enable much more community use.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county